Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Today (in the US) is the 4th of July... BBQ's, Fireworks, Family and friends and here in Southern California-hot weather! Since today will be a casual day, relaxing day:) I'm going to do a everyday, easy makeup look and instead focus on my nails. I'm not very creative,  just opting for a dark blue and Barry M Red (one of 3 Barry M polishes I own thanks to Beautyandlechic.com) on my ring finger. for my toes maybe I'll get creative and add white polka dots.












Face and products of the day:

  • Sephora Age Defy Moisture cream SPF 15: this mini came in my Sun Safety Kit I bought in Sephora a few months ago. Today is my first day trying it, so far , so good! Smells good and feels good on the skin!
  • Murad Absolute Bronzing Boost: I love this stuff (I've included it in last months monthly favorites). Even though NARS Sheer Glow in Barcelona is a perfect match for me, with all the summer swimming (even with massive SPF applied frequently) I have a golden glow going on-this helps even out while I'm a tad darker.
  • Maybelline Dream Matte powder in Honey: This stuff is awesome. I'm running low and will def be repurchasing. Doesn't cake on, lasts for 4+ hours, travels easy and has a mirror. 
  • MAC Vegas Volt: Coral goodness! 'Nuff said!
  • Revlon Colorburst Lip gloss in Papaya: Just purchased this gloss yesterday and am wondering why it has taken me so long to try these glosses? Color and pigmentation is wonderful! Cannot wait to add more to my collection. Walgreens had these on sale and a $2 coupon in their in-store coupon booklet-this was about $4! Score=)
  • MAC Brow Set in Show off: Cannot even count how many of these I've purchased over the years! This is a quick and beautiful way to get my eyebrows looking full and dark. 
  • Benefit Their Real: I like this but don't love it. As long as they keep making samples, I may keep one in my make up bag. It adds length but not much volume! May add a couple coats of Cover Girl Lash blast (not pictured)
  • Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in Bold Gold: May add a bit of this later tonight for a wee bit of sparkle. 
  • NYX Cream blush in Tea Rose: I've had this for a couple of months but lately it has been getting a lot of use! This color is perfect alone or under a bronzer. ALone it makes me look glowy! 
Sounds (and looks) like a lot but when you love makeup, 




No comments:

Post a Comment